Diabetes Educator Rounds may be presented by Skype or in-person and include a review of the newest medications, devices or topics as presented by speakers. Community health educators are welcome. All rounds are presented at Richmond Rd Diagnostic and Treatment Centre (RRDTC), Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Reminders for topics, locations, Skype URLs and times are emailed out to educators in Diabetes Updates, please sign up if you haven't subscribed already. You can view archives of Diabetes Updates here.
2020-2021 EDUCATOR ROUNDS
Tentative dates for rounds via Zoom from 0800 - 0915 unless noted otherwise.
- Thurs Sept 24
- Wed Nov 25 - tentative 0800-1030 "Hands Off" Glucose Devices Zoom (representative presentations)
- Thurs Jan 28
- Wed Mar 17
- Thur June 10
2019-2020 EDUCATOR ROUNDS
- Thur, Nov 7: Solarium RRDTC Hands on Glucose Devices 0800-10:30 (Solarium confirmed)
- Wed Nov 27: Skype 8-9:15 Renal Nutrition Pathway - Draft
- Wed, Feb 12: Skype 8-9:15
- Thurs, Mar 12 Skype 8-9:15
- Wed, Apr 22 Skype 8-9:15
- Thur, Jun 11: In person. RRDTC Zoom on working remoting via Zoom
2018-2019 EDUCATOR ROUNDS 0800-0915 Skype unless noted otherwise
- 2018 - Thursday, Sept 6th from 0800-0915 via Lync, DCC Outpatient educators only for discussion re: ‘Outpatient Discharge’ protocol/guidelines.
- 2018 - Thursday, November 29th from 0900-1145 in person Annual ‘Glucose Device Day’ in the Solarium at RRDTC.
- 2019 -Thursday Feb 7th - Dr. Christopher N. Andrews "Diabetes and the Gut" video on AHS drive (diabetes>educator rounds > 2019 recorded)
- 2019 - Wed March 20th - Review of www.diabeteseducatorscalgary.ca
- 2019 - Thursday May 9th
- 2019 - Wednesday June 19th
Previous Educator Rounds
- Thursday October 19, 2017 – 9:00-11:45 am In Person only: Hands-On Glucose Devices
- Wednesday November 15, 2017 - 8:00-9:30am - Skype
- Friday December 1, 2017 – 1300-1500 - Skype and in person RRDTC classroom. Dr. Donovan CGM in pregnancy CONCEPT Trial
- Thursday, January 25th 2018 – 8:00-9:30am - Skype - Adjusting Insulin using Dexcom Arrows
- Wednesday, March 14th 2018- 8:30-11:15 In Person: Diabetes Medications RRDTC Solarium (Dr. Julie McKeen, Ying Yang and additional pharmacy speaker)
- Thursday, May 31st, 2018 – 8:00-9:30am - Skype
Via Skype 75 minutes in length (90 min is booked).Summaries of key information regarding medications, devices, cases, reviews of how to navigate our new websites, answering questions.
- Tuesday, September 27th - 0800-0930
- Thursday, December 8th - 0900-1130. Hands on Glucose Devices. RRDTC Solarium.
- Tuesday, February 7th - 0800-0930
- Thursday, March 16th – 0800-0930
- Wednesday, June 7th – 0800-0930
- September 16, 2015 - Evidence based practice/Implementation of best practice strategies
- October 7, 2015 - Hands on Meters
- November 18, 2015 - Basic diabetes competencies (quiz review)
- January 20, 2016 - Nutrition and Food Service Diabetes and Heart Health Updates
- February 24, 2016 -Agenda Setting workshop
- April 13, 2016 -Intermediate diabetes competencies (quiz review)
- May 11, 2016 -Internal Endocrinology and Metabolism Program rounds only
- June 8, 2016 - Advanced diabetes competencies (quiz review)
- Sept 24, 2014-Transition from paediatric to adult care (RRDTC Solarium)
- Oct 29, 2014 – Hands on – Glucose Meter Reviews (RRDTC Solarium)
- Nov 26, 2014 – Eating Disorders in Diabetes (RRDTC Solarium)
- Jan 21, 2015 – Hands on Pumps (RRDTC Solarium)
- Feb 26, 2015 – Celiac Disease and Type 1 Diabetes (This is a THURSDAY in room 21213 Classroom RRDTC)
- Mar 18, 2015 –Diabetes Skills Fair (RRDTC Solarium)
- Apr 22, 2015 – 0900-1015 Empathy Exercises for all educators (available one week before to participate in). The remainder of time is for Diabetes Centre Meeting only. Thank you!
- May 27, 2015 – 1. The PERL Study (Prevention of Kidney disease in type 1 diabetes). 2. Social workers' insight into patient barriers for self management of diabetes
- Jun 17, 2015 - Meet the Calgary Zone Primary Care Networks! (RRDTC Solarium)