- Physical features:
- Small: 46mm L x 78mm H x 16mm D. Tubed.
- Touch screen icons only. No words. High contrast, easy to read screen
- 1.6 ml (160 unit) glass reservoirs can be pre-filled & left in fridge for 1 month.
- YpsoPump Orbit® infusion sets rotate 360 degrees (90 degree teflon or metal) . Other 30 degree sets - Inset (same as other pump brand basic sets)
- Ypsomed Calculator App (Apple, Android)
- Bolus calculator and Insulin-on-Board are in the app, not in the pump
- App communication is currently 1-way with pump sending data to app. The app doesn't communicate to pump yet. Currently, boluses are calculated on the app and manually inputted into the pump.
- The app currently (Sept 2022) subtracts all insulin-on-board (IOB) from meal bolus suggestions. These calculations can be viewed and the dose suggestion can be overridden. This will change with a future app update.
- The app can be set up in MDI mode to make use of the bolus calculator and IOB (bolus only) for those not on pump.
- The app will upload to an Ypsomed cloud server and can upload to Glooko. Also has ability to create PDF reports and email from phone.
- App contains 10 guided video tours for "how to..." items for Ypsopump e.g. chagne reservoir, program basal rates, deliver a bolus etc.
- The future Ypsopump in Canada: The current version of the Ypsopump does not yet have these features below. However, these are planned for Canada (in this specific order).
- MyLife Ypsomed Dose – the ability to bolus from the Ypsomed app. This requires a new pump model. Those who purchase the current Ypsopump get a Technology Guarantee allowing a no cost upgrade to the new pump.
- MyLife Ypsomed Assist – the ability for Dexcom to integrate with the app
- MyLife Ypsomed Loop – the ability for Automated Insulin Delivery and pump control via smartphone. The Algorithm will be CamAPS-X (University of Cambridge).
- Menu Map
- Virtual Pump - download to phone Ypsopump Explorer App
- Short Instruction Videos to use features (most < 1 minute)
- User Manual
- Training Checklist
- Health Care Professional Clinical Resources (HCPCanada, ypsomed123)
- CamAPS-X (not yet Health Canada Approved)
- Algorithm training videos are here.
- General myLife Loop overview information
- Requires a 5 day average Total Daily Dose of insulin and weight. Basal insulin and correction insulin is determined by the algorithm. Learning algorithm takes about 3 weeks. Carb counting and a carb ratio are required. There are "boost" and "ease off" settings that can be optionally engaged (in advance if needed) to address times of insulin resistance or sensitivity.
- YpsoPump Company Website;
C: 250-255-6494 Ph: 1-844-695-0909
- Ypsomed Canada Inc.
1 Holiday Avenue, Suite 647
Pointe-Claire, QC, H9R 5N3 Canada
Toll free: 1-833-695-5959