Update: 2021 Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines
The Canadian Cardiovascular Society has published 2021 guidelines for the management of dyslipidemia for the prevention of CVD in adults.
Statin therapy continues to be recommended for most patients with diabetes or chronic kidney disease.
The full guidelines are available at: 2021 Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines for the Management of Dyslipidemia for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in the Adult - Canadian Journal of Cardiology (onlinecjc.ca)
Update: NovoNordisk Compassionate Care Card
NovoNordisk has 2 programs to help patients to get supplies of insulin:
- Compassionate Care Card:
- Covers both Tresiba and NovoRapid with a single card, for 1 year.
- Patients must have no medication coverage (even Seniors Blue Cross) and meet low income requirements.
- Tresiba STI card:
- Single use card good for 1 box of insulin pens.
- No income or insurance eligibility criteria – good for any patient.
Update: AHLP classes in Mandarin and Cantonese
- Tips for Eating: Prediabetes and Diabetes – This 2 hour class will review:
- Eating Well for Good Health – This 1 hour class will review:
- Heart Healthy Eating – This 1 hour class will review:
To register, people should call the AHLP Cantonese and Mandarin line at 403-955-6857 or register through the Course Catalog at https://app.bookking.ca/ahlpcalgarypub/courses/index.asp